Have a missing tooth? You are not alone. A 2016 survey found that almost one in three Singaporeans aged 60 and above were totally toothless. Cracked teeth resulting from stress related tooth grinding has been found to be one of the leading causes of a missing tooth in younger generations.
Fortunately treatment options have evolved. Modernised techniques mean that ones livelihood and confidence no longer needs to be affected.
Below are a 5 reasons why you may want to consider dental implants:
- A dental implant acts as a fixed tooth replacement without compromising the health of the rest of your teeth and gums.
- On some occasions dental implants may be placed immediately after having teeth extracted.
- Unlike dentures and bridgework, If properly maintained and cared for, dental implants could last a life time. This makes it a much more cost effective treatment option.
- When done well, it is very hard to tell a dental implant apart from a natural tooth.
- Dental implants preserves the jaw bone and prevent it from breaking down resulting in a more youthful appearance.
If you have lost a tooth or multiple teeth, do reach out to an experienced dentist who can tailor a treatment plan based on your own unique and specific needs.
As always it is a pleasure to be of service to you.
Dr Arora is available for consultation and treatments at Ashford Thomson and Ashford Bedok